Hear me out.
Ok, so this weekend I was doing a bit of wiring at my house. I was taught to wire outlets and other such things as a child. I have been wiring or re-wiring things as necessary for the past thirty-something years. For some jobs, I'll wire them live (meaning I don't turn the power to the outlet or that portion of the house off). I know...before you really let into me...I know, it's STUPID. (happy Conina??) So...back to my weekend project. I was re-wiring - something that I've done a bazillion times (YES, that's the actual number of times) - and I freaking shocked myself THREE times. UGH...so after the third time, I turned the circuit breaker to that out outlet off. I know, I know, took me LONG enough...huh?
Now, do you ever have those moments where two things that are NOT at all connected become fussed together? Well, maybe it was the extra electricity flowing through my body, but I had the thought...hmmm Electricity and Sir have so much in common...so many traits...similarities.
My Sir AND Electricity
- Both are electric....(well that was obvious)
- Both send sparks through my body (hopefully not too many)
- Both have the ability to harm
- Both have the ability to hurt
- I find the right amount of pain given by both quite erotic
- Both allow greater adventure at night
- Both require my respect
- Both illuminate my world
- Both have the ability to shock me
- I fear neither
- When I behave inappropriately with them, I get a quick correction
- I am able to live without both for short periods of time
- I want to live without neither
Okay, so you get the idea...I'm sure there are tons more.
They both have the ability to hurt and harm, I have spent decades learning about both, Sir and electricity, in college and thereafter. This knowledge has taught me a healthy amount of respect. I respect them but don't fear them.